Monday, January 12, 2015

saying goodbye and saying hello


I remember reading like in an old Russian book someone was burning letters in a fireplace. Well, that's a good thing to do on a long, cold and dark winter night which here in Russia are plenty. I don't have any letters to burn, but I think it's a brilliant idea if you want to let go of something. I just sort of like the whole concept.

So I thought of something to let go of, something I felt was keeping me back (in my scrapbooking - yes, I know, I know - but it could totally work with everything else!), and burned a sheet of paper with those things written on it. Meaning I took a plate, put that paper on it, grabbed a match and let it go literally up in flames (wish I had a fireplace, of course, but this time I had to work with what I have).

I'm not sure how (or if) it worked, but I felt something that you feel when saying goodbye. I also felt like saying hello to something new.

Which overall is a nice thing to do in the beginning of a year.

P.S. Really hope to share my scrapbooking plan for 2015. As soon as I have one worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment