Wednesday, May 13, 2015

april reflections


April (and the beginning of May) has been tough. Did I mention we all got ill in March? Well, April turned out even worse (for me). I seriously can't believe it's all over now, and though it was really hard and I didn't do anything I planned for at least two months (no blog posts, no scrapbooks, almost no housework etc) I must admit it was good for me to take such a long break. I re-thought and re-looked a few things in my life, and I feel like a different person now. So much happier, too.

It's funny how often things that seem dreadful at first turn out to be just what I really needed.

I'm playing catch up now, and the first thing on my list is April reflections. Here goes:

love

a huge breakthrough here. Hard times have a great love-developing potential, and I felt like I had a level up. It's a bit personal to write it out, but I'm still going to do that and keep in some sort of a secret pocket in my OLW album because I really want to remember the experiences I had during this illness months and all that I have learned.

scrapbooking

in the middle of scrapping April 2014 (random, I know).

blog

ignored.

home

slowly getting into shape.

tea

not bad here! Bought another gaiwan, two sets of tiny cups and quite a few tea selections (at least four, maybe more). Really enjoying these little breaks during the day when I get some time to treat myself and those who care to a cup (or twenty) of good tea.

relationships

much better, as I had to spend all the time I was ill with the kids, and I was absolutely not distracted in any way. This is so good for me and them. Almost no yelling, too. Just not as many walks outside as I'd like, but I hope we'll catch up on this.

food

just fine. I feel much less attached to food now. Usually I'm craving sweet and delicious things, but now I feel sort of calm about food. Just plain simple dishes I like is more than enough. 

exercise

not at all.

go to bed and wake up early

yep! still enjoying this a lot.

photography/design/writing

I've read through a couple photography classes and really liked the content. Now it's practice time. 

MAY INTENTIONS:

Love: buy the second book by L. as soon as I get the money.
Relationships: start training George using Sensei's method (with ball games).
Scrapbooking: finish April 2014. If yes, get to my OLW tasks.
Blog: daily.
Photography: write out the assignment from my photography class, put it on the wall and do a task a day. 
Home: get into FlyLady groove again.

So that's it! We're half through the month already, but even writing this out makes me feel better.





2 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear you were ill but happy to read you have grown through that tough experience! I look forward to reading your future posts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I'm really happy that you're reading (and commenting!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete